Women are the permanent of the community; and they possess a huge untapped potential. However, girls have long been discriminated against by society and made to believe that they are inferior or less important than boys. Youth Development Center believe that the voice of young women must be heard if they are ever going to contribute fully to the community. Girls must be taught to express themselves articulately to build their charisma so that they can claim a more active role in their society. In most societies, women have little to no say on the issues affecting them, such as governance, allocation of resources, marriage, childbearing, etc. Right from the family level, women should be participants in the decision-making process. We Provide leadership space to the girls.
Following the major initiatives, the YDC has taken to empower the women and girls.
- Girls First Campaign (Young Women Empowerment): Girls first campaign is the young girls led youth campaign to boost up the issues of SRHR in Sunsari district. Of all the activities for women’s empowerment, providing a path to leadership is the most instrumental. It does not only install confidence but also puts women at a level where they can be able to empower other women.
- Violence against Women Campaign: YDC have started campaign called Violence against women to minimize the women based violence in the Sunsari district.
- College & Community Awareness Program: YDC conducts awareness program to college and community women to aware them on various women issues.
Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR):
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) encompass all of the rights and issues surrounding a person’s sexual and reproductive life. These rights are closely linked with other internationally recognized human rights, such as the right to privacy, the right to education and information, the right to equality and freedom from violence and all forms of discrimination, the right to the highest attainable standard of health etc.
Youth Development Center is being implementing various activities to address local issues of SRHR based in Sunsari district. We aim to educate over 300000 population to ensure sexual rights of youth. YDC have been conducting series of activities and campaign to educate people particularly youth and advocacy for the SRH rights of young people. Following are the major thematic issues of YDC under SRHR theme.
- Comprehensive Sexuality education (CSE) Education:
- Sanitation & Hygiene:
- Safe Abortion Awareness & Advocacy: