Date: 9-11 June 2017
Venue: Nepal Bangladesh Tourism Board
Steering Committee: Abhinav Kumar Chowdhary (Co-ordinator), Anand Aditya, Narendra Prasad Joshi, Sanjog Dev, Asmod Karki, A representative from Chelsea International, Mr.Fardas Ahamad Ujzzal, Ms. Rachana Bhatta, Ms. Dikshaya Rana Rathor, Mr. Sashi Raj Khadka
- Nepal Tourism Board
- Chelsea International
- Institute of Crisis Management
- Quick Volunteers
The conclave was divided into various thematic sessions over a three-day period, 9-11 June 2017. In brief, the sessions was structured under :
- Climate Change and Disaster Resilience –
- Youth Contribution/ stewardship on SDGs Achievement-
- Youth Engagement to strengthen Regional/ Cooperation-
- Inclusive Democracy: Role a head to Youth-
- Youth Entrepreneurship Opportunity: Breaking Regional Boundaries
- Regional Peace and Security Approaches
The conclave held a series of events highlighting a variety of (diverse/various) themes throughout the forum and beyond.
The conclave hosted round table discussions, organized field visits, and provided platforms for combined cultural shows. The discussion sessions were organized to facilitate the dialogue among youth leaders on issues of their interest and concern and provide them an occasion to learn from each other’s experiences. Likewise, the field visits were conducted to offer opportunities to explore local culture and develop a nuanced perspective of heritage and history.
Finally, the joint cultural event including a concert, an art exhibition, and a poetry evening was endeavored to bring together the artists of both countries and provide a platform for collaborative ventures. All these events created a solid foundation for future collaboration among youth leaders.
Adding to the prominent personalities from Nepal and Bangladesh, the conclave had youths from diverse sectors as the participants. Individuals with the leadership vision and potential who have been engaged in their community and demonstrated the social impact took part in the forum.
The conclave drew the following outputs
- Compilation of views, opinions, and experiences shared in various thematic sessions and develop agenda accordingly to reinforce Nepal-Bangladesh collaboration.
- Designed strategies to build a strong bond among the people of two countries and contribute to lead bilateral cooperation to new heights and instigate new co-operation models also among the other countries in South Asia.